Saturday, December 15, 2012

Amazing.

Today I was at school for 17+ hours.

In 3rd period I learned of the tragic news of the horrible shooting. I was instantly thought of my kindergarten cousin/sister who I had just baby sat the night before. To loose her my whole world would be turned upside down my thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected.

I continued my day with my internship where I helped a girl who has been struggling with medical problems for several months now. She has seen 9+ doctors and has had one to two doctors appt. a week along with tests and needles and other fun things like done to her while trying to go to school and live life but she can't because of constant spasms and pain, but no one knows what's wrong with her. But she keeps a smile on her face and she is always thinking of others. I could not think of a more selfless person.

My day then continues after a basketball game (which we won! Go PG!) I went to help with angel tree for student council. Every year our school helps with united way by putting together an angel tree. On the tree people come an adopt "angels" or kids who are not going to receive Christmas this year because of there family situation. People then go buy them gifts and return them to us. We then have the lovely task of sorting and delivering the gifts to the parents of the kids. Tonight as we were sorting through the gifts I started to look at what some of the kids wanted. Some of them all they wanted was a clean pair of pants and a new shirt. My heart was truly touched. And I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a part of this program.

Through all my experiences today I have truly been able to take a step back and see all the things I have been taking for granted in my life. Sure my life has not been ideal lately. I've been through the boy drama. Surgery has been a party. And I have defiantly had more bad days then good. But I'm grateful for days like today that put everything into perspective. I'm grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And all that it has been able to help me through. What I have really gotten out of all of this is. I have a Heavenly Father and he has a plan for me. Sometimes it feels like he is doing everything to make my life miserable but then I have days like today where I see how much he does for me and all of his children. I'm so grateful for my life and everything that is happening in it. I'm grateful for my pain and suffering because it only makes me stronger. I hope that anyone struggling in anyway can have an experience like I did so they can see how amazing this life really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment