Sunday, November 18, 2012

Becoming a Missionary


With the announcement of the new missionary age my thoughts started to change.  I don't know if i will serve a mission in the next couple of years or if i will wait and serve with my spouse.  But just do be sure I'm ready I've started to prepare now.  As I've been thinking about what i want to do with my life after high school i found this talk by Elder Bednar.  It was given in the priesthood session a couple year ago so it is directed to the priesthood but as a girl i found it useful also.  In the talk he empathizes that we need to become a missionary rather than go on a mission.  He says "...it is not enough for anyone just to go through the motions.  The commandments, ordinances, and covenants of the gospel are not a list of deposits required to be made in some heavenly account. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a plan that shows us how to become what our Heavenly Father desires us to become"  For now i don't know what the next couple of years hold for me.  But i do know that i can start becoming a missionary now.  For then if the time is right i will have already become a missionary.


No comments:

Post a Comment