Sunday, October 27, 2013

Be Kind, Keep on Trekking, and Never Give Up.


I found my love for this song on trek last year.  But it wasn't until a couple weeks ago when I heard it and really listen to the lyrics that this song hit me so hard.  I love the message in this song.  We honor and respect the pioneers for all they did and the trek they took, and I am not trying to down that in anyway but this song was not written just for the pioneers.  Today things have changed and the trials and challenges we are facing are different but we are all on our own personal trek.  As I read the emails you sent me I was brought to tears at all the different challenges and trials everyone especially the youth are facing today.  With that being said the message I have today is be kind, keep on trekking and never give up.  As the song says "Though hard to you this journey may appear, Grace shall be as your day...Our god will never us forsake."  I have been called to serve a full time mission. Against my wishes I have had to wait longer than I wanted. It's been rough and the challenges I have faced since receiving my call have been hard. But I could not be more thankful for the time The Lord has given me to prepare. I've had many experiences that would have never come if I had left on my mission already. I'm truly learning the principle of patience. I know that the lord has a time and a place for everything. If you are living his commandments and keeping the covents you have made he will guide and direct your life. I'm so grateful for this gospel. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints is the true church on the earth today. I'm grateful for the power of prayer and the ability I have to communicate with my savior on a daily basis. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment