Monday, July 29, 2013

Heart, Might, Mind, & Strength

D&C 4:  2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the aservice of God, see that yebserve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand cblameless before God at the last day.

 D&C 59:Wherefore, I give unto them a commandment, saying thus: Thou shalt alove the Lord thy God with all thy bheart, with all thy might, mind, and strength; and in the name of Jesus Christ thou shalt cserve him.


In the Scriptures the only time the lord ask us to use our HEART, MIGHT, MIND, & STRENGTH all at the same time is when we are serving him and loving him.  

As i've been preparing for my mission I have been studying many different things in the scriptures. A common theme to me is best shown in the story/vision of the tree of life.   Through these chapters I have found many words that have helped me understand more fully the work and responsibility that we as latter day saints are taking upon ourselves as members of this church. some of these words/phrases are clinging, continually holding, pressing forward, with all there feelings, etc.  All these words or phrases are not part time.   We are not commanded to sometimes hold on to the rod of iron,  we are not occasionally moving forward in the work.  He is saying that we need to be all the time 100% if not more engaged in his work.  Through this we are serving and loving him with all our heart, might, mind, and strength.  

I can not think of a better way to repay my savior than following his commandments and helping others to come unto him also.  I pray that all of you will cling more to the gospel and serve  those around you.  I think it's so cool that he asks so little of us for such a huge price that he paid.   (Mosiah 2:17) And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the bservice of your cfellowbeings ye are only in the service of your God. 

I hope you are all having an amazing summer! Remember that you are loved! If you are struggling with anything never forget to pray and study the gospel! Oh and just by the way my mission call should be assigned tomorrow I could not be more excited! So if you have any guess on where i'm going let me know before next week! Have a great week and don't forget to serve others!!


Additional Information on D&C 4 can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment